Flashing iPhone cases are a sight to behold
There is no shortage of clever and interesting iPhone cases out there, but VanD's line of polycarbonate light-up cases may just take the cake.
The cases take advantage of a toggle in iOS that allows users to set the LED light on their device to flash upon receipt of an incoming call or text message.
In iOS 7, this can be enabled by going to Settings > General > Accessibility and then toggling on "LED Flash for Alerts."
Using the same principles as fiber-optic tables, these clear plastic cases from VanD harness the light from your iPhone's flash to internally illuminate, revealing etched patterns and designs.
But as is typically the case, you really have to see these babies in action to fully appreciate their unique appeal.
The cases, compatible with both the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5, cost US$19.99 and feature an assortment of designs just begging to be lit up.
Below is an example of what a VanD case looks like when not illuminated.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter