Pop Dongle makes your iPhone smell like popcorn: Get it while it's hot!
When it comes to iPhone accessories, the Pop Dongle (a collectible accessory available on eBay, with proceeds going to the American Red Cross) is certainly one of the most unique we've ever covered on TUAW. It's an accessory that plugs into the headphone jack of your iPhone and -- when you do certain things in the Poptopia app (free) -- emits the smell of freshly popped popcorn. Mmmmm!
The Pop Dongle is the brainchild of Pop Secret Popcorn and ad agency Deutsch Los Angeles. While playing Poptopia, swiping the butter encourages the Pop Dongle to spread the yummy odor of popcorn. My guess is that Pop Secret has the idea that smelling the Pop Dongle will also encourage you to pop some real corn -- hopefully its brand.
You only have until this Friday, December 13, 2013, to put in your bids on the Pop Dongle on eBay. At this point, the top bid is US$152.50, although I'm hoping that a generous TUAW reader will push it over $200 before the end of the auction.
While you're waiting for your bid to win the auction, you can watch this video repeatedly and dream of the lovely scent of popcorn coming from your very own Pop Dongle.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature