Apple TV gets ABC, Bloomberg, Crackle and KORTV channels
It's another month and another update for channels on the Apple TV. Today the company quietly added four more channels to its media-streaming box including ABC, Bloomberg, Crackle and KORTV.
American readers will be familiar with ABC. The new "Watch ABC" channel on the Apple TV allows users to view content from their local ABC affiliate. The Bloomberg channel is a portal into media from the Bloomberg news and financial empire, including the Charlie Rose show. Crackle is a media-streaming service like Netflix that offers up free and pay-per-view movies. Finally, KORTV is a Korean television channel that offers videos on demand.
There's no software update required to get the new channels; they should just appear. If you don't see them, simply restart your Apple TV and they should show up.
While Apple's strategy for the Apple TV remains a mystery -- and it seemingly adds more channels at random -- those that are interested in the development process of creating a channel for the Apple TV should check out this piece by 9to5Mac, where the site talks to the devs behind the Bloomberg app.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV