Apple TV gets ABC, Bloomberg, Crackle and KORTV channels
It's another month and another update for channels on the Apple TV. Today the company quietly added four more channels to its media-streaming box including ABC, Bloomberg, Crackle and KORTV.
American readers will be familiar with ABC. The new "Watch ABC" channel on the Apple TV allows users to view content from their local ABC affiliate. The Bloomberg channel is a portal into media from the Bloomberg news and financial empire, including the Charlie Rose show. Crackle is a media-streaming service like Netflix that offers up free and pay-per-view movies. Finally, KORTV is a Korean television channel that offers videos on demand.
There's no software update required to get the new channels; they should just appear. If you don't see them, simply restart your Apple TV and they should show up.
While Apple's strategy for the Apple TV remains a mystery -- and it seemingly adds more channels at random -- those that are interested in the development process of creating a channel for the Apple TV should check out this piece by 9to5Mac, where the site talks to the devs behind the Bloomberg app.
It's another month and another update for channels on the Apple TV. Today the company quietly added four more channels to its...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free