TUAW video tip: How to "double-wrap" your MacBook power adapter (updated)
It's the Mac tip that's taking the Internet by storm! Just yesterday, Twitter user J Cornelius tweeted out the following:
MacBook Pro tip: Use the small cable to hold the big cable in place. pic.twitter.com/i7l6ZJ3xgH- J Cornelius (@jc) December 10, 2013
Tens, perhaps hundreds of thousands of retweets later, we bring you a TUAW video tip version of this amazing feat -- the double-wrap! It's an intuitively obvious way of wrapping up your MacBook power adapter cords that for some reason seems to have bypassed most MacBook owners. Enjoy!
UPDATE: Some folks at Wired have spoiled all the double-wrapping fun by saying that using this technique can shorten the life of the cables. Me? I use a $10 Quirky Power Curl.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter