TUAW video tip: How to "double-wrap" your MacBook power adapter (updated)
It's the Mac tip that's taking the Internet by storm! Just yesterday, Twitter user J Cornelius tweeted out the following:
MacBook Pro tip: Use the small cable to hold the big cable in place. pic.twitter.com/i7l6ZJ3xgH- J Cornelius (@jc) December 10, 2013
Tens, perhaps hundreds of thousands of retweets later, we bring you a TUAW video tip version of this amazing feat -- the double-wrap! It's an intuitively obvious way of wrapping up your MacBook power adapter cords that for some reason seems to have bypassed most MacBook owners. Enjoy!
UPDATE: Some folks at Wired have spoiled all the double-wrapping fun by saying that using this technique can shorten the life of the cables. Me? I use a $10 Quirky Power Curl.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV