Twitter for Mac gets design makeover, new photo features, more
The official Twitter client for Mac has had a bumpy life since its launch in the Mac App Store more than three years ago. The app was one of the first the Mac App Store had to offer, but then it seemed to languish for two years and Twitter eventually said it would no longer be updated. That caused quite a bit of anger from fans and eventually Twitter pushed out a small update in April of this year to add Retina support for the app.
Now it seems Twitter is back on task as version 3.0 is available with a complete design refresh and several photo-centric enhancements, including the ability to view user profile header photos and also view photos in line in your timeline. Here's the full rundown of all the new goodies:
What's New in Version 3.0.0
This release comes with a number of enhancements and changes.
More visual and engaging timelines
• Previews of Twitter photos will be front and center in Tweets. To see more of the photo, just click. If you want to disable previews, just go to preferences and uncheck "image previews."
Get more from Tweets
• Check out the tweet detail pane to see the conversation around a tweet as well as favorite and retweet counts.
• Profiles now show header photos to display the unique personality of every user. Learn more about them by seeing who they follow and are followed by, their lists and their custom timelines.
• We've refreshed the overall look and feel of the app.
Twitter for Mac is a free download from the Mac App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync