Final Cut Pro X and Motion updated with support for the Mac Pro
Today is the day that the new Mac Pro goes on sale in most Apple stores across the globe. To prep for this big launch, Apple released an update to Final Cut Pro X that brings with it support for the dual GPUs in the Mac Pro; better handling of 4K content including titles, transitions and generators; and a long list of smaller features. The most significant feature for Mac Pro owners is the addition of 4K monitoring over Thunderbolt 2 and HDMI.
Besides Final Cut Pro, Apple also updated Logic Pro X and its two Final Cut Pro companion apps, Motion and Compressor. You can check out the full list of changes and download the updated version of Final Cut Pro X from the Mac App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free