TUAW video tip: Using Wireless Diagnostics to fine-tune your WiFi network
If you're wondering if your WiFi network is operating at peak efficiency, we have just the video tip for you today. Mac OS X features a utility called Wireless Diagnostics that can be used to quickly determine the best channels on your WiFi network. You can then use whatever tool is included with your router (AirPort Utility for AirPort Extreme and AirPort Express users, various utilities or web portals for other routers) to set the channels and optimize your speed and bandwidth.
As with our other video tips, this one can be resized to full-screen for ease of viewing.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs