TUAW video tip: Using Wireless Diagnostics to fine-tune your WiFi network
If you're wondering if your WiFi network is operating at peak efficiency, we have just the video tip for you today. Mac OS X features a utility called Wireless Diagnostics that can be used to quickly determine the best channels on your WiFi network. You can then use whatever tool is included with your router (AirPort Utility for AirPort Extreme and AirPort Express users, various utilities or web portals for other routers) to set the channels and optimize your speed and bandwidth.
As with our other video tips, this one can be resized to full-screen for ease of viewing.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature