The Mac Pro returns to Europe, and other news
Leading the morning news for January 13 is something that is sure to make European Mac users very happy:
- After banning the previous Mac Pro back in March of 2013 because it did not pass safety requirements for shielding on fans and electrical ports, the European Union has lifted its ban on the device with the release of the new model. European users can buy the new Mac Pro from Apple's online store now.
- Dropbox wasn't hacked this weekend, as was the popular rumor when the service went down for many on Friday evening. The company reveals that the downtime was due to a backup OS update going awry. Virtually all users now have service back.
- Apple is opening a new flagship store in Brisbane, Australia this Friday. It will be Apple's fourth store in the state and be located in the MacArthur Chambers building. The grand opening is at 10AM local time.
- If you want a deal on the latest 15-inch Retina MacBook Pros, check out Apple's refurbished store. The company has just added a host of the refurbished 15-inch units. Prices start at US$1699 -- a $300 savings -- and go up to a savings of $450 on some models.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync