Daily App: America in the King Years trilogy by Taylor Branch
Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a day set aside in the US to honor the accomplishments of the civil rights leader and to remember his role in the civil rights movement. As a result, we are expanding our app reviews to include several iBooks titles, starting with Parting the Waters, America in the King Years 1954 - 1963 by Taylor Branch.
Parting the Waters is the first book in Branch's America in the King Years series, which tells the broader story of the American civil rights movement from 1954 to 1968. King's rise to the leadership of this movement is described in the trilogy, which mixes biography with the political and cultural history from those tumultuous years in the US. Branch spent 24 years writing and researching the books and won the 1989 Pulitzer Prize for History for the opening title, Parting the Waters.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options