TUAW TV Live: The best and worst Macs of the last 30 years
This Friday is the 30th anniversary of the introduction of the Macintosh. Today, Shawn "Doc Rock" Boyd and I will be reminiscing about some of the best and worst Macs that hit the market over the years. We'd love to hear from readers in the chat room today about those Macs that they loved or hated, the Mac that has lasted for years and the one that melted down almost immediately. Of course, no discussion of the Macintosh would be complete without talking about the best and worst accessories and peripherals as well.
To join in to watch the live feed and participate in the chat, just click here. You'll join us on the AOL On Network. If you can't watch the entire show today, come back to this page within 24 hours to see the latest video below. Past shows are also available on the TUAW YouTube channel.Show Notes
One very helpful list of every Mac model can be found on Wikipedia, with links to articles on all of them. You'd be surprised how odd some of them from the mid-1990s were!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update