Introducing the world's fattest iPhone case, designed to make you thin
In a time where gadgets brag about how thin and light they are, you wouldn't think the title of "World's heaviest iPhone case" would be something to brag about, but you'd be wrong. The ToneFone -- a weighty combination of solid steel and rubber -- wants to take over the fitness world by making it a little bit harder to pick up your iPhone.
Weighing in at either 1 kg (2.2 lbs) or 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs) depending on your preference, the ToneFone effectively turns your smartphone into a small dumbbell. The idea being that every time you pick up your iPhone to send a text message or check Facebook you'll actually being doing a mini workout.
It's a pretty silly concept, given that the case isn't actually all that heavy, but with the first batch of ToneFone cases selling out almost immediately there may well be a market for such an accessory. If you're interested, keep an eye on U.K.-based DesirableBody for updates.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter