Mac 101: How to move pages between PDF documents using Preview
Preview is often overlooked by users who have yet to delve into the many features of the OS X app. Its name, "Preview," suggests it is only a document viewer, but it has editing capabilities that allow you do much more than merely read a file.
One useful feature is the ability to move pages from one PDF document to another PDF document with a simple drag and drop as follows:
- Open both PDF documents in Preview.
- View individual pages by selecting "Thumbnails" or "Contact Sheet" from the View menu.
- Select the thumbnail image for each page your want to move from the original document and then drag it to the destination document.
- You can place the page anywhere you want in the destination document by dropping it between any two pages you choose.
You can move single pages or multiple pages using this tip. If you have any other useful Preview tips, please share them in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs