Please don't be fooled by this TurboScan rip-off
I love the TurboScan document scanning app for my iPhone. I've used it more than any other utility and it makes dealing with paperwork that requires a signature a super slick affair. So, when I got an email promoting a new app called "Turbo Scan HD," I was excited to see if there was a new version of the app I've adored for so long. Unfortunately, Turbo Scan HD isn't a TurboScan app, but a blatant rip-off that should be avoided at all costs.
It has a similar icon, a clearly copied name, and even the price is identical to the genuine TurboScan app, which currently sits in the #2 slot on the top selling Business category. Of course, the apps couldn't possibly be more different in terms of features and overall polish. Here is a comparison of the interfaces, with the real TurboScan on the left (obviously).
If you're diligent enough to check the app reviews, it quickly becomes clear that the app is a fraud, with three scathing user reviews that have quite literally nothing good to say about the app. Meanwhile, the original TurboScan holds a 5-star rating with over 14,000 reviews.
As you might imagine, my email replies to the original pitch that landing in my inbox have gone unanswered. It goes without saying, but if you're in need of a document scanning app and decide to go with TurboScan, make sure you're buying the genuine article.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more