Another bite of the unofficial Apple
Hey TUAW, I'm Alex, the newest blogger around these parts.
The first Mac I ever handled was one of the later Performa models. It was a beige beast of a computer attached to an ABI Prism DNA Sequencer, and I remember thinking how odd it was that there was only one mouse button. This was at a time in my life when I still thought I could be a scientist.
That dream faded, but Macs stayed in my life. Oh, there was a time when I strayed, when I spent a few years wandering in the Wild West of Linux and impossible (for me) binary management, but then OS X came along and I couldn't stay away any longer.
These days I spend most of my days in balmy London writing about videogames at Kikizo, IGN, and AOL. Macs and OS X make the job that little more enjoyable. My nomadic lifestyle demands portability, which is probably why I'll be using wonderful 12" PowerBooks until I can't find another, or Apple decides to answer my, and many others', prayers and gives us a new (or even smaller) version.
That's me taken care of. Let's get to it.
Hey TUAW, I'm Alex, the newest blogger around these parts. The first Mac I ever handled was one of the later Performa models. It was a...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update