Inside story of the first iMac
For the Mac history buffs out there, a Memorial Day treat:Thomas Hormby at The Mac Observer has a fascinating look at the the story behind the original iMac. Of course, the iMac is considered by many the computer that saved Apple, and was Steve Jobs' first great triumph after his return.
Personally, I did not realize that the "internet Macintosh" was originally intended to be a Network Computer (remember those?) as promoted by then Apple board member Larry Ellison. Above you can see the video (pre-black turtleneck and jeans!) of the original iMac introduction, then go ahead and check out Hormby's story.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options