You probably know how fast you can blaze up a regular keyboard, and maybe you've even taken a typing test on a more traditional mobile keyboard found on Windows Mobile or BlackBerry handsets - but how fast are you on your iPhone's virtual keyboard? iPhoneTypingTest.com ought to help you answer that question, as it does just what its name suggests: the site (which recommends you use it in landscape mode for optimum visual layout) presents a text entry box that, once tapped on, will allow you to re-type the text that appears above the box in an effort to test your iPhone typing speed. It's a simple system that seems to work well; on my first try in portrait mode (I personally find the landscape keyboard too wide to work with) I scored 21 wpm with "some error(s)," and second try I nabbed 31.
How good of an iPhone typist are you? Be honest - your web honor is at stake.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter