HandBrake updated to 0.9.1
You can download 0.9.1 now from the HandBrake site. As always, a reminder that beta software may do you harm, and that you are bound by local and national laws regarding content protection and copyright with respect to the responsible use of HandBrake. Go in peace.
0.9.1 announcement from handbrake.m0k.org:
We're chagrined to announce the public release of HandBrake 0.9.1. Why chagrined? Because 0.9.0 wasn't as stable as it should have been, something 0.9.1 rectifies.
This minor update squashes a number of glaring bugs. Most notably, HandBrake will no longer hang at the end of encoding MKV files with chapter markers. This means the Animation, Bedlam, Constant Quality Rate, Deux Six Quatre, Film, and Television presets are now usable.
- Impressive performance enhancements
- Significant interface prettification (Mac more than Win)
- Color subtitles now show up in color
- Changing dimensions in Picture Settings no longer causes a crash (Mac)
- Forced subtitle support
- More robust exception handling (Win)
- Closing the main window no longer causes HandBrake to crash (Mac)
- Using "Slow" deinterlacing no longer doubles the chapter count.
- MPEG Stream support is now case-insensitive (.VOB as well as .vob, etc) and more compatible
- No more error messages sent to standard out instead of standard error
- Bigger buffer for the activity log (Mac)
- Proper display of fading subtitles
- On-completion options to shutdown, suspend, etc (Win)
- "Same as source FPS" now works correctly when the end-credits of a progressive film are interlaced.
- Add-to-queue fixed (Win)
- Target size fixed for the umpteenth time (Mac)
...and assorted other changes.
It's not often that an application update is announced by the developers with chagrin instead of excitement, but the new 0.9.1 of HandBrake...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates