HandBrake updated to 0.9.1
You can download 0.9.1 now from the HandBrake site. As always, a reminder that beta software may do you harm, and that you are bound by local and national laws regarding content protection and copyright with respect to the responsible use of HandBrake. Go in peace.
0.9.1 announcement from handbrake.m0k.org:
We're chagrined to announce the public release of HandBrake 0.9.1. Why chagrined? Because 0.9.0 wasn't as stable as it should have been, something 0.9.1 rectifies.
This minor update squashes a number of glaring bugs. Most notably, HandBrake will no longer hang at the end of encoding MKV files with chapter markers. This means the Animation, Bedlam, Constant Quality Rate, Deux Six Quatre, Film, and Television presets are now usable.
- Impressive performance enhancements
- Significant interface prettification (Mac more than Win)
- Color subtitles now show up in color
- Changing dimensions in Picture Settings no longer causes a crash (Mac)
- Forced subtitle support
- More robust exception handling (Win)
- Closing the main window no longer causes HandBrake to crash (Mac)
- Using "Slow" deinterlacing no longer doubles the chapter count.
- MPEG Stream support is now case-insensitive (.VOB as well as .vob, etc) and more compatible
- No more error messages sent to standard out instead of standard error
- Bigger buffer for the activity log (Mac)
- Proper display of fading subtitles
- On-completion options to shutdown, suspend, etc (Win)
- "Same as source FPS" now works correctly when the end-credits of a progressive film are interlaced.
- Add-to-queue fixed (Win)
- Target size fixed for the umpteenth time (Mac)
...and assorted other changes.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter