Hacks: Caption Crunch loads custom messages onto your iPhone
Remember I wrote about that bunch of undocumented SpringBoard prefs? Ecamm has grabbed the bull by the horns (or possibly by the implanted iPod dock) and produced "Caption Crunch", a simple utility that adds a custom message to your iPhone using the fake time preferences.
Caption Crunch works by modding the com.apple.springboard.plist file that gets stored on your personal computer in the backup files and actually talks to your iPhone and convinces it to upload a new copy of the prefs file. The iPhone will perform a "pseudo restore" and may reboot. I tested on an iPod touch and it worked great.
Cool stuff indeed--but even cooler that Ecamm seems to have taken Mac/iPhone communication up to a new level. No Jailbreak necessary.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter