Hacks: Caption Crunch loads custom messages onto your iPhone
Remember I wrote about that bunch of undocumented SpringBoard prefs? Ecamm has grabbed the bull by the horns (or possibly by the implanted iPod dock) and produced "Caption Crunch", a simple utility that adds a custom message to your iPhone using the fake time preferences.
Caption Crunch works by modding the com.apple.springboard.plist file that gets stored on your personal computer in the backup files and actually talks to your iPhone and convinces it to upload a new copy of the prefs file. The iPhone will perform a "pseudo restore" and may reboot. I tested on an iPod touch and it worked great.
Cool stuff indeed--but even cooler that Ecamm seems to have taken Mac/iPhone communication up to a new level. No Jailbreak necessary.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements