Not getting an iPad? Don't forget the 'netbook option'
myMacNetbook.com is here to help -- it has all of the latest news about getting OS X to run on a netbook in one place. It also has a valuable chart that shows you which netbooks work best with OS X, and links to the software that you will need to use in order to get a netbook up and running with our favorite operating system, and valuable, step-by-step directions for turning a netbook into your OS X dream machine.
The compatibility chart assumes that you want to install Snow Leopard, and shows you which features will and won't work on a particular piece of hardware. As of today, it looks like there are 10 different netbooks that are completely happy with an OS X install. I'll probably hold out for generation 2 of the iPad, even though I am very tempted to buy one now. On the other hand, getting something smaller than my MacBook Pro that does everything that I need it to do, and for a lower or similar cost, sounds pretty sweet too.
How many of you have already gone with an OS X netbook, or are planning to go that direction rather than getting the iPad?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature