iPhone 101: Save space on your iPhone without removing a thing
How well does this work? I saved a whopping 1.5GBs of space on my 8GB iPhone. Others here at TUAW saved between 2-5GBs. Of course, how much space you save will be dependent on what bitrate and file type your songs are now. The guys here who saved 5GB said their conversions took a few hours initially. As for audio quality. I didn't notice a bit of difference on my $20 headphones. However, I'm not an audiophile. If you've got an ear for music and are using the latest Shures, you might notice some quality degradation.
It's important to note that this on-the-fly conversion does not alter your original files inside your iTunes library -- those will remain...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free