The Agony and the Ecstasy of Steve Jobs previews early
We reported on Mike Daisey's monologue The Agony and the Ecstasy of Steve Jobs earlier this year. The play was (and is still) scheduled for a run at the Berkeley Repertory Theatre from January 14 to February 27, 2011, but due to popular demand, the monologue will now preview for one night only on April 22 at the Ensemble Studio Theatre in New York. The play is a monologuist piece that "dives into the epic story of a real-life Willy Wonka whose personal obsessions profoundly affect our everyday lives."
You know, usually plays show longer "due to popular demand," not open nine months early. Just goes to show when you slap Steve Jobs' name or likeness on anything, you can sell it to people. On the other hand, Daisey's a pretty funny guy, so if you go see it I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself. And if you do see it, drop us a line to tell us what you thought!
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter