How to speed up your iPhone 3G (while waiting for the release of iOS 4.1)
If you're an iPhone 3G user who has upgraded to iOS 4, you're most likely pulling your hair out in anticipation of the bug fixes expected in iOS 4.1 (due to arrive this week). However, if you just can't wait that long, creativebits has a few tips you might like to try in order to improve the performance of your sluggish iPhone 3G.
- Delete all unused and unessential apps.
- Delete all unessential conversations from your SMS inbox.
- Clear your history and browsing cache in Safari.
- Delete your call history.
- If you don't use them, turn off Spotlight and MMS messaging.
Our own Chris Rawson has some good pointers concerning this issue, but if all else fails, we recommend you get your party poppers ready for the imminent iOS 4.1 release.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature