How to speed up your iPhone 3G (while waiting for the release of iOS 4.1)
If you're an iPhone 3G user who has upgraded to iOS 4, you're most likely pulling your hair out in anticipation of the bug fixes expected in iOS 4.1 (due to arrive this week). However, if you just can't wait that long, creativebits has a few tips you might like to try in order to improve the performance of your sluggish iPhone 3G.
- Delete all unused and unessential apps.
- Delete all unessential conversations from your SMS inbox.
- Clear your history and browsing cache in Safari.
- Delete your call history.
- If you don't use them, turn off Spotlight and MMS messaging.
Our own Chris Rawson has some good pointers concerning this issue, but if all else fails, we recommend you get your party poppers ready for the imminent iOS 4.1 release.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free