Italian Apple PR: Apple to live stream today's event [Updated]
With only hours to spare, it seems that Apple has announced its intentions to live stream today's press event -- at least it's been announced to Italian customers.
According to Italian site setteB.IT, Apple has issued a media alert stating their intention to live stream today's big announcements. Macstories has posted the full text of the press release, which states (Italian-to-English translation from Babelfsh):
"Apple® will transmit to online own event of 20 October using the Live Streaming HTTP of Apple to the vanguard in the field. The vision demands or a Mac® with Safari® on Mac OS® X version 10,6 Snow Leopard®, or iPhone® or a iPod touch® with iOS 3,0 or successive version, or a iPad™. The broadcast live it will begin to the 10:00 a.m. 20 PDT of October, 2010 on www.apple.com."
As of this writing, t
here is no official announcement on Apple.com*or its Italian PR page, so keep that in mind while reading this post. It's exciting, but we'd prefer to hear it from the domestic horse's mouth.
If it does indeed happen, it will be only the 2nd live stream from Apple to require QuickTime X (the Apple TV announcement was the first).
*Update: Apple has posted an announcement.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync