TUAW's Daily App: Chow Thanksgiving Dinner Coach
It's the day before Thanksgiving, and you've agreed to have the family over for dinner tomorrow, complete with a turkey and fixings and everything. But you just realized that you don't actually have any idea how to cook a turkey (and it probably won't fit in the microwave). Not to worry. CBS Interactive's Chow Thanksgiving Dinner Coach has you covered. This free iPhone app will run you through groceries and recipes for a few of Thanksgiving's most famous dishes, including that turkey, the stuffing, potatoes, and cranberries, all the way down to pumpkin pie.
Not only does it have recipes and shopping lists, there's even a multi-day timeline to walk you through exactly how everything should be done. If you're old hand at serving Thanksgiving, you'll probably find this a little too simple; it really walks you through step by step. But if this is your first year hosting the party, and you're a little unsure of what to do without some constant guidance from your iPhone, the Chow app is a great (and free) place to start.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter