Alleged Steve Jobs email: MobileMe to get a lot better
MacRumors is reporting on an email, which it believes to be authentic, that one of its readers received from Steve Jobs. The reader sent an email to Jobs after the frustrations over his MobileMe experiences mounted. The reader told Jobs that while he's a huge fan of Apple and "wants to stay inside the Apple ecosystem," MobileMe is making it hard to do so.
The reader goes on to tell Jobs that MobileMe is almost "unusable" and cites "unreliable/unpredictable syncing" and "creating duplicate entries" as two examples of the shortcomings of MobileMe. He then asks Jobs to tell him that it will get better soon. Jobs' reply:
Yes, it will get a lot better in 2011.
If the email is from Steve Jobs, it's nice to hear that Apple is apparently taking steps to constantly increase the value of MobileMe. However, Jobs' answer doesn't specify just how MobileMe will get better. It's possible the sync services will become more reliable, or perhaps that Apple will add new features to MobileMe to make it more attractive to users as an annual paid service. To some, Apple recently degraded the appeal of MobileMe by making its Find My iPhone feature a free service to owners of current-generation iPads, iPhones and iPod touches.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options