TUAW's Daily Mac App: Minutes
Timers are a dime-a-dozen these days. Whether you're using the built-in Timer app on the iPhone or one of the myriad of cloud-based timer apps or widgets, it doesn't take much to do the job.
Minutes is a simple Mac App Store timer app that spawned from a Dashboard widget of the same name. The app exemplifies ease of use, presenting you with a cute little timer box complete with countdown clock at its center.
Drag the little arrow around the clock to set the time and click the button to start it. The app can play a cute little default alarm tone, start playing a playlist in iTunes or stop iTunes playing once the countdown has finished. Each action has a fun little animation attached to it with each new timer dropping down from the top of your screen and the clock shaking once the countdown is complete. You can change the color of the timer among four colors, set it to use a 24-hour clock and have as many timers as you want on screen at a time.
If you need the digital equivalent of an egg timer on your Mac, you can't go wrong with the cute little US$0.99 Minutes.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter