Apple files for iCloud trademark in Europe
All the pieces are falling into place for Apple's iCloud service. On Tuesday, Apple confirmed the name and told us all it will be introduced at WWDC; Apple's trademark application hit the European Trademark Office later that day. The trademark covers everything from telecommunications and electronic storage to photographic services and digital devices/computers.
We still don't know what cloud services Apple has in store for its iOS and Mac users. Speculation points to a new streaming media service and a digital locker to store files online. MobileMe may also get a facelift, and some of its personal information syncing or email services may be available for free.
These are likely just the tip of the iceberg and Apple will wow us with much more next week. Anyone excited?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app