Apple's chief patent lawyer Richard Lutton Jr. to leave the company
Apple's Chief Patent lawyer will soon leave the company according to a report from Reuters. The reasons for the departure of Richard "Chip" Lutton Junior during a time of escalated legal battles over patent infringement is not known. B.J. Watrous, former deputy general counsel at Hewlett-Packard, is Lutton's replacement. Apple is also reportedly hiring more lawyers to beef up its intellectual property team as it takes on HTC, Samsung and others in various patent infringement complaints.
Apple's Chief Patent lawyer will soon leave the company according to a report from Reuters. The reasons for the departure of Richard...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs