(Two) Grand Central locals worry about an Apple Store
New York's PIX11 has a report up about the new Apple Store that was just confirmed to be installed right in the middle of Grand Central Terminal. While most are excited about the idea, some are not. One Grand Central visitor complains that the place is already too crowded (it is, after all, Grand Central), while the other worries that putting an Apple Store in such a historic, classic place "will take away from it all."
Of course, that's two people out of the 500,000 who pass through the commuter hub daily. We'll presume that -- especially if Apple got the paperwork done -- most New Yorkers won't mind having yet another Apple Store in their fair city.
As for the guy who thinks an Apple Store would ugly up the place, is that really a concern? Apple retail spots are about as beautiful as a store can get, and this one's meant to be designed all out of glass, in order to fit right in with the rest of the building. Would you rather have yet another big orange-and-yellow Jamba Juice in there?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)