Steve Jobs bio gets cover, new name (again), and new publication date (Updated)
The Steve Jobs' authorized biography by Walter Isaacson has officially got a cover now. As first reported by All Things D, the cover is a black and white close-up of Steve Jobs (apparently pulling a stray hair from his beard). Above the image of Jobs, which fills 96% of the cover, is the title of the book, Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. The rest of the cover is sparse, clean, and free of unnecessary labels and items -- just like an Apple product.
The book's publication date has also been moved up. All Things D reports that the new publication date will be November 21, 2011, although as of the time of this writing Amazon still lists the original publication date of March 6, 2012. The book is still set at 448 pages.
This is actually the book's third title change. When first announced, the biography was called iSteve: The Book of Jobs. Then, when the March 6, 2012 publishing date was announced, the name of the book was Steve Jobs: A Biography. Now the book is simply titled Steve Jobs. However, Amazon is yet to change the listing title and the title in the description to match the new name on the cover (as of this writing).
Update: Here are some additional pictures of the jacket and spine.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV