Yahoo data center head Scott Noteboom joins Apple
Apple has picked up the former head of Yahoo's Global Data Center Infrastructure, Scott Noteboom, according to his LinkedIn profile. Noteboom's been with Yahoo since back in 2005, but now lists his job as working at Apple as a "Distinguished Gentleman" (a well-earned title, obviously, though probably unofficial). Noteboom was instrumental in managing multiple data centers while at Yahoo, and he'll likely be doing the same type of work at the Cupertino campus, as Apple moves further up into the iCloud over the next few years.
Noteboom's hire is likely a long time coming -- Apple's been steadily building up its resources for these data centers, including the big installation in North Carolina, and bringing on experienced directors like this one will only help as the operation gets even bigger and more important.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options