Retail training video shows Apple Store behind the scenes
Here's your chance to get a humorous behind-the-scenes look at an Apple retail store. The employee-made video is an entertaining look at Apple's Steps of Service which are introduced during a new employee's Core Training. The first five steps according to the video spell out APPLE:
- A – Approach the customer with a "warm welcome"
- P – Position, Permission, Probe - Tell the customer what you want to do, ask permission, and then ask them questions to determine their needs.
- P – Present the appropriate product solution that fits their needs.
- L – Listen to their concerns.
- E – End with a fond farewell and an invitation to return.
The video is a rare look at Apple's closely guarded retail polices. Other official training videos reportedly exist, but they have never leaked out like this. According to a Macrumors commenter, this particular video was filmed after hours by employees and was shown once at a store meeting. It was left to die on the Internet until Macrumors stumbled upon it and brought it back to life.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time