Retail training video shows Apple Store behind the scenes
Here's your chance to get a humorous behind-the-scenes look at an Apple retail store. The employee-made video is an entertaining look at Apple's Steps of Service which are introduced during a new employee's Core Training. The first five steps according to the video spell out APPLE:
- A – Approach the customer with a "warm welcome"
- P – Position, Permission, Probe - Tell the customer what you want to do, ask permission, and then ask them questions to determine their needs.
- P – Present the appropriate product solution that fits their needs.
- L – Listen to their concerns.
- E – End with a fond farewell and an invitation to return.
The video is a rare look at Apple's closely guarded retail polices. Other official training videos reportedly exist, but they have never leaked out like this. According to a Macrumors commenter, this particular video was filmed after hours by employees and was shown once at a store meeting. It was left to die on the Internet until Macrumors stumbled upon it and brought it back to life.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs