Apple encourages MobileMe customers to transition to iCloud
MobileMe is scheduled to be shut down in June 2012, and Apple has begun encouraging users to transition to iCloud. Email messages are going out this week that promote iCloud's services and provide a big 'ol blue button for customers to click and begin the migration process.
iCloud offers most of the services MobileMe customers are used to (keychain sync and iDisk are absent, for example) and, according to CEO Tim Cook, is the foundation for the company's future.
It's only February, so stragglers have some time, but not much. It's definitely time to start thinking about making the move.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype