Apple to build large, off-campus cafeteria
Yum. The San Jose Mercury News reports that Apple is building a cafeteria for employees. The new off-site eatery will be more than 21,000 square feet, and it's only for Apple folks.
The News quotes an Apple honcho as saying "We like to provide a level of security so that people and employees can feel comfortable talking about their business, their research and whatever project they're engineering without fear of competition sort of overhearing their conversations," Dan Whisenhunt, Apple's director of real estate facilities, said. "That is a real issue today in Cupertino because we've got other companies here in our same business."
The cafeteria will have a cafe, meeting rooms, lounges and a courtyard. Apple says the facility will be open on weekdays for breakfast and lunch. The cafeteria has just been approved by the Cupertino planning commission. Apple already has five large facilities to provide meals for employees and about a dozen other ones designed for quick snacks. You can find some reviews of food served currently on the Apple campus at Yelp.
Yum. The San Jose Mercury News reports that Apple is building a cafeteria for employees. The new off-site eatery will be more than...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements