Apple to build large, off-campus cafeteria
Yum. The San Jose Mercury News reports that Apple is building a cafeteria for employees. The new off-site eatery will be more than 21,000 square feet, and it's only for Apple folks.
The News quotes an Apple honcho as saying "We like to provide a level of security so that people and employees can feel comfortable talking about their business, their research and whatever project they're engineering without fear of competition sort of overhearing their conversations," Dan Whisenhunt, Apple's director of real estate facilities, said. "That is a real issue today in Cupertino because we've got other companies here in our same business."
The cafeteria will have a cafe, meeting rooms, lounges and a courtyard. Apple says the facility will be open on weekdays for breakfast and lunch. The cafeteria has just been approved by the Cupertino planning commission. Apple already has five large facilities to provide meals for employees and about a dozen other ones designed for quick snacks. You can find some reviews of food served currently on the Apple campus at Yelp.
Yum. The San Jose Mercury News reports that Apple is building a cafeteria for employees. The new off-site eatery will be more than...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free