Judge Richard A. Posner scolds Apple's lawyers
Well-known Circuit Court Judge Richard A. Posner told Apple's lawyers that he is tired of the company's courtroom antics in its patent dispute with Motorola. According to a report in FOSS Patents, Posner writes in a recent order, "I've had my fill of frivolous filings by Apple. The next such motion, and I shall forbid it to file any motions without first moving for leave to file."
FOSS Patents provides some insight into the back and forth that led to this harsh rebuke of Apple. In a nutshell, Apple is trying to block Motorola from deposing a particular expert by bringing up the same motion again, after it was denied the first time. Supposedly, the company is also pushing the issue so quickly that Motorola isn't able to adequately respond.
Posner is overseeing the lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter