Judge Richard A. Posner scolds Apple's lawyers
Well-known Circuit Court Judge Richard A. Posner told Apple's lawyers that he is tired of the company's courtroom antics in its patent dispute with Motorola. According to a report in FOSS Patents, Posner writes in a recent order, "I've had my fill of frivolous filings by Apple. The next such motion, and I shall forbid it to file any motions without first moving for leave to file."
FOSS Patents provides some insight into the back and forth that led to this harsh rebuke of Apple. In a nutshell, Apple is trying to block Motorola from deposing a particular expert by bringing up the same motion again, after it was denied the first time. Supposedly, the company is also pushing the issue so quickly that Motorola isn't able to adequately respond.
Posner is overseeing the lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Well-known Circuit Court Judge Richard A. Posner told Apple's lawyers that he is tired of the company's courtroom antics in its patent...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time