Doing the Math: WWDC capacity
Apple says there are 248,000 registered iOS developers in the US alone on its job creation page. This number leaves out:
- Developers registered in other countries.
- Mac Developers who may not have iOS dev accounts.
- Development team members who use a single account.
Assume that represents just a conservative 20% undercount, that would put the number of devs world wide (as in "Apple World Wide Developer Relations") at 300,000 more or less.
Number of seats available at WWDC: 5000.
You do the math.
WWDC ticket holders are roughly speaking the 1%.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync