Apple sales in China growing rapidly
Apple said during its recent earnings conference call that sales in China are booming, and now a report from Beijing Business Today shows us just how quickly Apple is making inroads into the Asian country.
According to the report, Apple's Q2 2012 sales have tripled from the same quarter last year, and China now accounts for 20 percent of Apple's global revenue, up from 2 percent in 2009. Thus far in Fiscal Year 2012, Apple's China sales reached $12.4 billion, a figure that almost matches the $13 billion in China sales the company reported for all of 2011. It's not only the iPhone and iPad that's doing well; MacBook sales have also jumped 60 percent since the device first made its Chinese debut.
[Via M.I.C. Gadget]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration