Tim Cook meets with Speaker of US House of Representatives, John Boehner
U.S. House Speaker John Boehner's office has released a picture of Boehner meeting with Apple CEO Tim Cook on Wednesday. While Boehner's staff didn't go into details about the meeting, MacRumors theorizes that Cook was lobbying for a tax holiday, allowing Apple to bring some of its offshore funds back into the U.S.
Fortune first reported in February that Apple was lobbying for a tax holiday to alleviate the 35% rate that repatriated funds are currently taxed at. Apple and other corporate entities would like the government to drop this rate to 5% for a year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync