Tim Cook meets with Speaker of US House of Representatives, John Boehner
U.S. House Speaker John Boehner's office has released a picture of Boehner meeting with Apple CEO Tim Cook on Wednesday. While Boehner's staff didn't go into details about the meeting, MacRumors theorizes that Cook was lobbying for a tax holiday, allowing Apple to bring some of its offshore funds back into the U.S.
Fortune first reported in February that Apple was lobbying for a tax holiday to alleviate the 35% rate that repatriated funds are currently taxed at. Apple and other corporate entities would like the government to drop this rate to 5% for a year.
U.S. House Speaker John Boehner's office has released a picture of Boehner meeting with Apple CEO Tim Cook on Wednesday. While...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station