Apple Q3 earnings call on July 24 -- will Mountain Lion follow on July 25?
Apple has announced that the Q3 earnings call (April - June, 2012) will be held on July 24. This is important for two reasons: first, the world will get to hear how well the company did over the past three months and second, last year Apple released Lion the day after the Q3 earnings call.
While the company can pretty well call the shots on when it releases the next version of Mac OS X, if Apple follows last year's lead, we might see Mountain Lion in general release on July 25. This, of course, meets the "end of July" deadline for the release of the latest cat.
As always, TUAW will hold a metaliveblog during the event for commentary and analysis.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs