Apple trying new Genius Bar layout
IFO Apple Store has spotted a new trend in a few Apple Stores around the country: Apple is trying a new layout for the in-store Genius bar, turning it perpendicular to the store wall instead of running parallel along it. The new layout is designed to make things more accessible, and provide more room for users to come in and get their various Apple items inspected and fixed.
I think it might make things more chaotic, with both sides of the bench available to Geniuses and customers. But especially for long, narrow stores with little room to spread out lengthwise, the bar metaphor isn't always best. Hopefully this new layout, if adapted chainwide, will help get more Apple users more help faster.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature