AAPL closes at all-time high, dividend paid (Updated)
Shares in Apple closed at an all-time high today. At the closing bell at 4 p.m. ET, AAPL was trading at $636.34.
That's not the all-time high price; that came Tuesday when the stock peaked temporarily at $644.00, but the share price dropped to about $632 a share that day by the close of trading.
What's keeping Wall Street investors bullish on Apple? They're all looking forward to an announcement of new products, possibly a new iPhone and a smaller iPad, within the next month.
Update: We almost forgot to mention that today was the day that Apple shareholders received their $2.65 per share dividend. That dividend was announced on July 24, 2012, and
marks the first dividend ever paid to shareholders of Apple. According to reader Joe Bonniwell, Google Finance notes that Apple paid dividends to shareholders between 1987 and 1995. Thanks for the correction, Joe.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)