AAPL closes at all-time high, dividend paid (Updated)
Shares in Apple closed at an all-time high today. At the closing bell at 4 p.m. ET, AAPL was trading at $636.34.
That's not the all-time high price; that came Tuesday when the stock peaked temporarily at $644.00, but the share price dropped to about $632 a share that day by the close of trading.
What's keeping Wall Street investors bullish on Apple? They're all looking forward to an announcement of new products, possibly a new iPhone and a smaller iPad, within the next month.
Update: We almost forgot to mention that today was the day that Apple shareholders received their $2.65 per share dividend. That dividend was announced on July 24, 2012, and
marks the first dividend ever paid to shareholders of Apple. According to reader Joe Bonniwell, Google Finance notes that Apple paid dividends to shareholders between 1987 and 1995. Thanks for the correction, Joe.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free