Apple gives employees 50 GB of iCloud storage
There's a new benefit to working for Apple -- according to a post by MacRumors blogger Jordan Golson, the company now gives all employees a free 50 GB upgrade to their iCloud storage.
Free online storage isn't anything new; the company used to give employees a free MobileMe subscription to use. Since the standard free iCloud account only provides about 5 GB of storage, the 50 GB of storage is a nice benefit worth $100 annually.
Other fun things that Apple employees can smile about while being overworked and underpaid include recently-added discounts of $500 off on a new Mac (except the Mac mini), or $250 for an iPad.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options