Apple gives employees 50 GB of iCloud storage
There's a new benefit to working for Apple -- according to a post by MacRumors blogger Jordan Golson, the company now gives all employees a free 50 GB upgrade to their iCloud storage.
Free online storage isn't anything new; the company used to give employees a free MobileMe subscription to use. Since the standard free iCloud account only provides about 5 GB of storage, the 50 GB of storage is a nice benefit worth $100 annually.
Other fun things that Apple employees can smile about while being overworked and underpaid include recently-added discounts of $500 off on a new Mac (except the Mac mini), or $250 for an iPad.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter