BMW designer: Apple affected the popular color of cars
White is the new black in the automobile world thanks to Steve Jobs, says a report in Motoramic. BMW design works lead designer Sandy McGill told Motoramic that Apple has breathed new life into the color. He said, "Prior to Apple, white was associated with things like refrigerators or the tiles in your bathroom. Apple made white valuable."
Usually only found in luxury cars because of its high maintenance, white is now the most popular exterior car color in America. It recently unseated silver, which has held that title for over a decade.
[Via Fortune's Apple 2.0]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service