BMW designer: Apple affected the popular color of cars
White is the new black in the automobile world thanks to Steve Jobs, says a report in Motoramic. BMW design works lead designer Sandy McGill told Motoramic that Apple has breathed new life into the color. He said, "Prior to Apple, white was associated with things like refrigerators or the tiles in your bathroom. Apple made white valuable."
Usually only found in luxury cars because of its high maintenance, white is now the most popular exterior car color in America. It recently unseated silver, which has held that title for over a decade.
[Via Fortune's Apple 2.0]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options