Renowned chip designer leaps from Samsung to Apple
Apple's latest win against Samsung didn't happen in the court; it took place in the workplace. According to a report in the Wall Street Journal, Apple has added Samsung's Jim Mergard to its growing list of top industry talent.
Mergard is a chip industry veteran who joined Samsung after a 16-year stint at AMD. At AMD, he reportedly worked on Brazos, a successful line of processors for low-end portable computers that competed favorably with Intel's Atom processor. Apple, not surprisingly, declined to comment on Mergard's employment.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter