Documentary on Steve Jobs building NeXT
The Loop has posted a link to a documentary that shows Steve Jobs running a meeting while he was at NeXT, the company he formed in 1985 after leaving Apple. The company's mission was to produce high-end workstations for colleges and the business market.
It's always interesting seeing Jobs interact with people, and the video shows him listening and trying to move his colleagues along to his way of thinking.
The documentary was shot over several months, so we see the earliest days of Jobs at NeXT and then see Jobs dealing with issues such as getting software shipped on time and dwindling funds.
You'll also get a look at Paul Rand, one of the great logo designers who did the logos for NeXT, IBM, UPS, ABC and many others.
Apple bought NeXT in 1996 and in 1997 brought Jobs back to the company he started. The rest, as they say, is history.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service