iMessage users have sent 300 billion messages so far
Apple opened today's product announcements with some impressive numbers. The company sold 5 million iPhones on its debut weekend, making it the fastest selling iPhone in history. Apple CEO Tim Cook illustrated his talk with a video of excited crowds at Apple stores around the world. Apple also says that after one month 200 million devices are running iOS 6. Cook says it is the fastest upgrade rate of any software ever. He also notes that iCloud is a tremendous success, and that there are now 125 million documents in the cloud.
Moving on to OS X, Cook is touting iMessage, with 300 billion messages sent so far, and 70 million photos have been shared using shared photo streams.
As for apps, Cook says there are 275,000 iPad apps, which means apps specifically designed for the iPad. Cook is also noting 35 billion of those apps have been downloaded. For developers, those numbers are golden, and Cook says $6.5 billion has been paid out to those creating apps for the iOS ecosystem.
Apple opened today's product announcements with some impressive numbers. The company sold 5 million iPhones on its debut weekend,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update