TUAW Year in Review: April 2012
Welcome to TUAW's Year in Review. Month by month, we're running down the top stories of 2012, all day long on New Year's Day.
With only a few weeks before taxes are due -- the federal deadline is on April 17, and many states have followed suit -- plenty of Americans are scrambling to file before the clock ticks away....
Editor's Note: From time to time, TUAW does cover commercial apps developed by our staffers, although it is relatively rare for individuals to write about their own projects (with some notable...
Harry McCracken has a nice write up on the debut, evolution and legacy of the Apple II (or, ][ as I like to call it). The Apple II was unveiled 35 years ago, and it ushered in the home computing...
Where do they get those wonderful toys? Yes, the mad geniuses at ThinkGeek once again are offering a slate of new products scheduled to go on sale today. If you're an iPad owner, there are some...
Those of you who remember iTunes when it was new, when it was merely a revamped version of SoundJam MP, will sympathize the most here. iTunes used to be a great tool for playing music and ripping...
- How America benefits from Apple
- Use the MacBook Air SuperDrive with (almost) any Mac
- Apple poised to become world's first trillion dollar company by 2014
- Walter Isaacson on the leadership of Steve Jobs
- Apple reportedly receives certification to sell Brazilian-assembled iPad
- On "mystery meat" gestures and iPhoto's learning curve
- AT&T to begin unlocking off-contract iPhones April 8
- AT&T appears to be unlocking iPhones for deployed active duty military personnel
- Apple responds to Flashback trojan, promises removal tool
- Flashback malware removal tools released by security firms
- Apple introduces VIP discounts for iBooks publishers
- An in-depth look at the iPad as a gaming device
- Apple hires United Continental CFO as VP of Sales (after airline replaces paper manuals with iPads)
- Tim Cook among Time's most influential people
- Andy Ihnatko on the iPad as his main mobile computer
- No Comment: MacBook perfume project smells like new unboxing
- The iPad as an IT professional's tool
- What we want to WWD-see for WWDC
- Apple announces record quarter sales, 94% year over year net profit increases
- WWDC 2012 is sold out
- Sprint confirms unlimited data for next-generation iPhone
- Replacing iDisk with online storage of your own
- Broadway star Josh Gad to play Woz in Jobs biopic
- Tony Fadell: First iPhone almost had a clickwheel
- The road to OS Xi: Where iOS and OS X suffer a teleporter accident and merge
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free