TUAW Year in Review: February 2012
Welcome to TUAW's Year in Review. Month by month, we're running down the top stories of 2012, all day long on New Year's Day.
Gizmodo has raised awareness a serious problem regarding an iMessage bug that, under the wrong circumstances, might result in your messages being seen by others, or you seeing someone else's...
Apple held an all-employee Town Hall meeting a little while ago after the earnings call, and The Verge is reporting that Apple CEO Tim Cook took quite a bit of time during the meeting to point out...
The news just keeps getting better for Apple in the mobile phone business. Just yesterday, IDC reported that the company is in third place in terms of worldwide mobile phone sales. Today, Asymco...
The Super Bowl is just around the corner which means it's time to get ready for the big game between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots. Rather than our usual five apps, I couldn't...
Apple's announcement of Mountain Lion included many promised new features, including a stronger focus on the Mac App Store than ever before. Two significant new features, iCloud document syncing...
- Google reportedly hires Apple executive to work on secret project
- Mike Daisey's "The Agony and The Ecstasy of Steve Jobs" is funny, forceful agitprop (Update)
- Stephen Wolfram on Siri
- Apps have created 466,000 U.S. jobs in four years
- White MacBook reaches end of life, education sales to cease
- iPad assists South African President Zuma with State of the Nation address
- Rumor: MacBook Pro line getting revamped with MacBook Air style designs
- Siri's upcoming Japanese language abilities leaked - by Siri
- Dear Aunt TUAW: Should I buy AppleCare+?
- Apple previews Mountain Lion, next version of Mac OS X
- Mountain Lion's Gatekeeper adds additional security options to OS X
- Apple's Mountain Lion vs. a real mountain lion
- MacRumors all but confirms iPad 3 will have Retina Display
- iPhone stops a bullet, saves the life of a Rotterdam contractor
- App-ocalypse soon: Apple extends sandboxing deadlines, but restrictions loom
- Protect yourself from being tracked by Google, Facebook, and others
- The case for ditching the Dock connector
- Winclone tool for Boot Camp imaging comes back as paid app
- Our top ten wishes for the next-generation iPad
- Reflection app goes live, brings iOS screen mirroring to your Mac
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)