TUAW Year in Review: May 2012
Welcome to TUAW's Year in Review. Month by month, we're running down the top stories of 2012, all day long on New Year's Day.
Note to readers: I failed to add a "do not pub yet" note onto this post the night before last. It was inadvertently published during our overnight before it finished research and editorial review....
Tim Cook's salary came up in the news last month when he was awarded a million shares of Apple stock, and cashed out a few, in addition to his many other forms of compensation. And here's another...
It's not often you see Steve Jobs impersonating a former president, but leave it to the creatives who made Apple sales videos to make it happen. Yes, in this never-before-seen footage (well, never...
The latest rumor to get everyone talking is that Apple will drop Google Maps for their own proprietary software. Sources told 9to5 Mac that a new Maps app will debut with iOS 6 with an...
While the two big smartphone vendors, Apple and Samsung, are battling it out in the courtrooms, they're still in total control of operating profits. Horace Dediu of Asymco has just published his...
- Smoking iPhone emphasizes importance of authorized repair work
- Introducing a better mobile web experience for TUAW
- Videos of the new iPad's international launches
- New York restaurant adopts iPads, saves money
- OS X Lion updated: 10.7.4 fixes FileVault vulnerability
- DevJuice: Promotion from the Trenches
- iCloud to debut notifications? TUAW confirms mystery iCloud feature
- iPhone video lands actor on Star Trek
- Financial Times to discontinue iPad, iPhone apps, move to HTML5
- Amtrak conductors to "punch your ticket" using iPhones
- Doing the Math: WWDC capacity
- MacStories looks at four years of the App Store
- Woz hired as technical advisor on Jobs biopic
- Beepocalypse: How Apple could improve multi-device reminders
- iPhone could have a four-inch screen, says Wall Street Journal
- Aaron Sorkin to pen Jobs' biopic, Variety reports
- Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover: The best iPad keyboard case yet (Updated)
- Bloomberg: Apple will debut new laptop lineup at WWDC
- 5 apps for Moms on Mother's Day
- Catch a glimpse of an iPhone assembly line
- Pitch Perfect is the perfect marketing primer for the indie developer
- Apple pulls Airfoil Speakers Touch from the App Store (Updated)
- Dear Aunt TUAW: How do I post a website on Dropbox?
- Some developers undeterred by a larger iPhone screen
- ITC rules against Kodak, in favor of RIM and Apple
- The Ultimate iPad Case Review Roundup and Giveaway
- The story of Apple's upside down logo
- Ars looks at 25 years of HyperCard
- Tim Cook meets with US congressional leaders
- How ESPN reporter covers NASCAR with an iPad
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync