Tim Cook will be Michelle Obama's guest at the State of the Union address
When First Lady Michelle Obama sits down with members of Congress to listen to her husband deliver tomorrow's State of the Union address, she'll be joined by another Chief Executive: Apple CEO Tim Cook. The head honcho of 1 Infinite Loop will be joined in the First Lady's box by another notable tech figure, NASA/JPL's Bobak Ferdowsi, better known as the "Mohawk Guy" on the agency's Mars Curiosity mission.
Guests of Mrs. Obama will also include military families, immigration reform proponents and individuals whose lives have been affected by gun violence.
Cook isn't the first Apple notable to be a guest of the First Lady at one of President Obama's State of the Union addresses. She was joined last year by Laurene Powell Jobs, widow of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options